The Huddle Podcast
The Huddle: Conversations with the Diabetes Care Team features perspectives, issues and updates to inform your practice and elevate your role.
Diabetes Care & Education Podcasts
As a member of the diabetes care team, you know professional growth can move you and the people you serve forward. The Huddle is where you'll find diabetes podcasts that share perspectives from fellow professionals on issues and updates in the field.
Our podcasts on diabetes, prediabetes and cardiometabolic care ‒ from advocacy to technology ‒ can inform your practice, elevate your role and ultimately benefit your patients.
Find the latest episodes of our diabetes care and education podcasts on this page or on other major podcast platforms:
Latest Diabetes Podcast Episodes
Chief Scientific and Medical Officer for the American Diabetes Association, Dr. Bob Gabbay, joined The Huddle live at ADCES's 2023 annual meeting in August. He touched on the challenges of addressing diabetes in primary care and the value of a DCES in this area, as well as the importance of active listening, perceived value and engaging teaching styles when working with people with diabetes.
This podcast is being produced in collaboration with JDRF. JDRF works to improve the lives of individuals living with Type 1 diabetes by providing meaningful educational resources for health care professionals and community members.
See a full list of factors that can impact glucose levels on Diatribe here: 42 Factors That Affect Blood Glucose?! A Surprising Update (diatribe.org)
Learn more about JDRF here: JDRF - Diabetes - Type 1 Diabetes Research, Advocacy, and Support
Addressing the inequities that exist in diabetes care relies on each and every one of us in the diabetes space. On this episode of The Huddle, we spoke with Dr. Osagie Ebekozien, chief medical officer at the T1D Exchange and award-winning researcher. Dr. Ebekozien talked about T1D Exchange’s Health Equity Advancement Lab (HEAL) and its work in advancing health equity for underserved populations. He also outlines actionable steps, no matter how big or small, that DCESs across the country can take to advance this work in their practices.
Stay up to date on diabetes advocacy initiatives here: Diabetes Advocacy
Dive deeper into health equity research at the links below:
- Addressing Type 1 diabetes health inequities in the United States: Approaches from the T1D Exchange QI Collaborative
- Achieving Equity in Diabetes Research: Borrowing From the Field of Quality Improvement Using a Practical Framework and Improvement Tools
- Equitable Post-COVID-19 Care: A Practical Framework to Integrate Health Equity in Diabetes Management
Recorded live at ADCES23, ADCES Immediate Past President Lucille Hughes, DNP, MSN/Ed, CDCES, BC-ADM, FADCES joined The Huddle to introduce ADCES's new strategic plan and to explain the importance of community involvement and knowing your worth when it comes to diabetes care and education.
- View ADCES's full 2024-2028 full strategic plan here: adces-strategic-plan.pdf
Learn more about the plan in this series of blogs:
- Advance the Expertise of the DCES: A Core Goal of the 2024-28 ADCES Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan Goal #1: Improve Access to Diabetes Care and Education: A Strategic Focus for 2024 and Beyond
- Growing and Diversifying ADCES Membership: A Longstanding Domain in Strategic Priorities