Perspectives on Diabetes Care
This is the official blog of the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists where we share recent research and professional opinions on diabetes care and education.
Current & Past ADCES Blog Articles
Mitigating Therapeutic Inertia Through Team-Based Care at ADCES23
Oct 3, 2023, 18:18 PM
By Lisa Hodgson, RDN, CDN, CDCES, FADCES
The post-pandemic world challenges us to think differently about how to provide evidence-based clinical care and self-management training services that best meet the needs of persons living with prediabetes and diabetes while improving clinical quality and behavioral outcomes. It is time to update our skills and services to reflect this rapidly changing new world. The ADCES23 Mitigating Therapeutic Inertia Through Team-Based Care education track is designed to give you a fresh look at your practice. Explore innovative ways our colleagues are facilitating team-based care strategies to support the optimization and individualization of diabetes care and education. This track includes a wide range of sessions about the ADCES7 Self-Care BehaviorsTM, best practice inpatient and ambulatory care, and other important topics that apply to all practice settings. Twenty-five presentations are featured in this track.
A sample of sessions includes:
- Use the Champion Model to Empower Inpatient Nurses and Shrink the Knowledge Gap
- Ditch the Rule of 15! Updated Strategies for Managing Hypoglycemia
- Decrease Prolonged Hyperglycemia to Mitigate Hearing Loss and Balance Issues
- Impact Therapeutic Inertia with Strengths-Based, Person-Centered Messages
- Simplify Inpatient Protocols and Glycemic Management Processes
- Ramp Down Medications While Ramping Up Lifestyle: Deprescribing Revisited
- Use Innovative Approaches to Improve Access to Primary Care Services
- Transform DSMES with Learnings from Coaching and Group Facilitation in the DPP
- Set Your Inpatients Up for Successful Discharge: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Explain the Effects of Cannabis on the GI System and the Risk of DKA in T1D
- Move Beyond G Codes: Expand Reimbursable Services with Team-Based Primary Care
- Address the Unique Needs and Challenges of Youth in T2D
- Lead Change in the Inpatient Setting with Guideline Directed Strategies
- Characterize the Oral Health-Systemic Connection in Diabetes Care
- Recognize the Impact of High-Intensity Interval Training on Managing Diabetes
There is something for everyone at ADCES23. Explore all ADCES23 sessions in this education track here and be sure to register to attend today. See you in Houston to celebrate 50 years of ADCES!